Monday, January 08, 2007

Southside Johnny to play unreleased material

As I mentioned earlier, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Dukes' Richie Rosenberg are working on an album with Waits covers. Asbury Park Press.com has an interview in which SSJ talks about this collaboration:
"The (project) is for (Richie) La Bamba (Rosenberg)," Lyon said. "I let him go crazy with the arrangements. There are 15 horn players, and La Bamba dealt with that. I'm very excited about this. I've known Tom for over 20 years and he sent us three songs that he never recorded. I recorded two of them, and it just turned out much better than I thought it would. We're still fighting over the album title. It's great to do a Tom Waits album. I saw him in Amsterdam and he is just wild, strange and great. There's no one else like him."


So, it looks like we have two unreleased songs to look forward to...

No comments: