Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More details about Johansson album

Billboard.com has some more info about the upcoming Scarlett Johansson cover album, Anywhere I lay my head.


And there is also a track list:

  • Fawn
  • Town With No Cheer
  • Falling Down
  • Anywhere I Lay My Head
  • Fannin' Street
  • Song for Jo (the only original, non-TW song)
  • Green Grass
  • I Wish I Was in New Orleans
  • I Don't Want To Grow Up
  • No One Knows I'm Gone
  • Who Are You?
And according to Contactmusic.com, David Bowie provides backing vocals on the album.


11 comments:

Mug Muggle Mu said...

David Bowie's only on "Falling Down" and "Fannin' Street"

Duncan Macpherson said...

Only?

nephesh said...

anyone have any idea if he's planning on a US tour in the future?

In The Weeds said...

She's covering Fawn? Isn't that an instrumental?

Anonymous said...

I really like Scarlett Johansson, so dont get me wrong. But does anyone else worry that this could be potentially terrible? Or maybe I'm just an overprotective fan...

The Joshua Field said...

im with em...

/has scarlet done any other vocal work? i'd like to hear it before i rush out and examine this album...the bowie support and alledged Waits approval makes me atleast hopeful.

Mahood said...

Here she is singing "Summertime".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_yCFtFn24

mattlondon said...

wikipedia has a picture of the new johansson album of waits covers

RB said...

According to the french magazine Les Inrockuptibles, Johansson's album is "magical" and extremely surprising. Her voice is "between Nico and Marianne Faithfull", and the music is compared to a tornado in slow motion with "surnatural gospel choirs", rusty banjos and surf guitars. Closer to David Lynch than Tom Waits, they say, but they also mention Waits heard demos and gave his blessing.

Dr Pod said...

Pre-order:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3473977/Anywhere-I-Lay-My-Head/Product.html

Dr Pod said...

Whoops:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/
3473977/Anywhere-I-Lay-My-Head/
Product.html