A quick recap of what is going on as far as Waits books are concerned:
- Hard Ground, a book with poetry by Tom Waits and pictures by Michael O’Brien depicting homelessness, is to be released in March 2011.
Publisher University of Texas Press charges $40 (or $26,80 with the website discount) for this hard cover (184 pages) publication - Amazon.com has it at $26.40.
- Both first and second editions of Seeds on Hard ground, the limited edtion chap book, are sold out, contributed to the nearly $90,000 raised for the Redwood Empire Food Bank, Sonoma County’s Homeless Referral Services, and Family Support Center.
- Chicago review press is publishing Tom Waits on Tom Waits an 'autobiographical portrait', edited by Paul Maher, which 'takes shape through a selection of more than 50 interviews'. Publication date: August 1, 2011 - price: $19,95.
- Waits-Corbijn The Anton Corbijn photo book from Schirmer-Mosel has been postponed a few times, but now looks set for 15th of June this year. This 252 page 'Collector's Edition' with 193 plates in colour and duotone and texts by Jim Jarmusch and Robert Christgau comes in a slipcase and is limited to 6,000 copies. It will cost 148€.
If you think about buying this over at Amazon.com, be advised they still list two versions of this publication: the one originally announced for September 2009, which is 'out of print' (and probably will not ever be available) and the new one entitled Waits/Corbijn '77 - '11.
- UPDATE (Feb. 8): Tom Waits in the Studio claims to explore 'the creative processes behind the writing and recording of
career highs via interviews with engineers and producers and quoted commentary from Waits himself. This 300 pages paperback is due out o June 6, 2011.