This tape came from the collection of Waits’ first manager, Herb Cohen, with
The seven demos include the completely unknown song “Tornado In My Soul” and unreleased, alternate demo versions of tracks that appear on Waits’ debut Closing Time and The Early Years and The Early Years Vol. 2 cd‘s.The tracks:
1. Pancho’s Lament – Unreleased version with spoken introduction, different lyric from The Early Years.UPDATE: It's sold ...
2. My Old 55 – Unreleased version with spoken introduction, piano backing instead of the guitar on The Early Years.
3. Tornado In My Soul – Unreleased and undocumented song.
4. Rockin’ Chair – Unreleased version with spoken and sung introduction and different lyric to The Early Years.
5. Virginia Avenue – Unreleased version with different lyric to The Early Years.
6. Rosie – Never released as a demo and different to Closing Time version.
7. Mockin’ Bird – Unreleased spoken introduction, similar to version on The Early Years Vol. 2 but possibly a different take.