Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Tom's birthday

On December 7, 1949 Thomas Alan Waits (7 pounds, 10 ounces) was born at Park Avenue Hospital (Whittier, Ca.). Both his parents - Jesse Frank Waits and Alma Johnson McMurray - were schoolteachers
,,I was born in LA at a very young age. I was born in the back seat of a yellow cab in Murphy Hospital Parking Lot. I had to pay a buck eighty five on the meter to move. I didn't have my trousers on yet and I left my money in my other pants. I lived around LA and moved around LA. My dad's a Spanish teacher, so we lived in Whittier, Pomona, LaVerne, North Hollywood, Silver Lake, metropolitan areas surrounding Los Angeles.''

(Source: ,,Watch out for 16 year old girls wearing bell bottoms...'': ZigZag magazine. Peter O'Brien. London. May, 1976)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom has a Grammy nomination for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for Metropolitan Glide-
Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE RUSTIC GOD OF THE LOST HIGHWAYS AND BY-WAYS OF AMERICA. LETS HOPE YOU CONTINUE ON THE PATH OF GENIUS.

A NEW ALBUM BEFORE 2006 WOULD BE GOOD TOO.
MUCH APPRECIATED.

GEOFF REEPERBAHN, THE DOWNTOWN TRAIN.